Sunday, August 24, 2008

BOB HOPE, THE BEST DOG EVER, NEEDS A HOME ADOPTED!

greenpoint williamsburg dog adopt adoption housebroken sweet children loves
Meet Bob Hope, the cartoon dog.

I call him the cartoon dog because he looks like, well, a cartoon dog, or like the picture a kindergartner produces when asked to draw a picture of a dog. He is a brown dog with floppy ears and a long tail.

I took Bob home for a long weekend, to give him a taste of the good life. This has given me the opportunity to observe Bob the (handsome) cartoon dog in his natural setting, and to share said observations.

BOB is gentle, quiet, housebroken, and good with my cat. Bob likes children. Bob is a dream to walk on the lead. Bob is practically unobtrusive, and loves to nap. Bob doesn't chew on anything except for treats given to him. Bob knows how to sit and lie down, and to come when called.

BOB is darned near perfect, except that he does seem rather depressed. I'm waiting for him to come out of his shell, and will update this post over the next couple of days. We're having a BOB‒b‒que in his honor tomorrow night. I betcha he likes steak ... just a hunch.

One more thing ‒ Bob makes his bed.

When I brought Bob home last night, I took a king‒size quilt from the closet, laid it down, and folded it in half.

Bob took over from there; before I could finish making it into a bed, he picked up the corners and folded it into thirds, and then folded it in half again, and laid hisself down.

Later, we were watching tv, and I guess it was too loud for him, so he dragged his bed into the other room, folded it again, and went to sleep. BOB kinda rocks.

It's a good thing that BOB is an arranger of bedclothes, as Bob really, really likes to sleep.

This poor fella has been in the care of the wonderful BARC shelter since APRIL! He was found on the street and brought to BARC by the cops. Bob weighs about 50 pounds, is about six years old, is neutered, and has all of his shots. He likes men, women, children, cats, and other dogs. I'm honestly trying to find something wrong with him, but, so far, no go.

UPDATE: BOB FINDS OLYMPICS CLOSING CEREMONY B‒O‒R‒I‒N‒G.

AUG 25, 2008 UPDATES:

BOB LOPED IN THE YARD! He is a graceful runner/loper.

BOB BECOMES FAMOUS, IS AN OVERNIGHT SENSATION!
BOB would like to thank the Academy,
and his agent, the lovely
Miss Heather!

3 comments:

Ehme said...

I am in love with Bob. Can Bob come to Maine?

SuzyO said...

BOB thinks it's a swell idea, but BARC is not able to offer out of state adoptions.

I think that you and I are practically the same person ‒ baking (esp. red velvet cake), books, and tomaters!

I wish it could be, and BOB does too. He sends you kisses. Thank you.

Ehme said...

Well Bob obviously has good taste in people, I guess I have to stop telling people I want a dog named Bob Hope, OR I could move back to Brooklyn.